We had to fight tooth and nail to get on a bus which, naturally departed about 45 minutes late. We sprinted to the check in where they continued to have us run in circles. I was accused of hating the French by the baggage claim guy (excuse me for taking Spanish instead of French, guy!) and then proceeded to stand in yet another disorganized line for way to
Blah blah blah blah, starving and exhausted we arrive in Rome to what can only be the most wonderful welcome I could image, people who spoke ENGLISH! Our hostel was lovely and fully equipped with a shower and kitchen and comfortable rooms with sheets included. Heaven! (Grazie, Luigi!) After a short 6 hour nap we ventured out for food. We ate pizza and bruchetta, tiramisu and truffle gelato (I cannot explain how ridiculously delicious the truffle gelato was...it should be illegal, especially for lactose intolerant people like myself).
I can already tell Rome and I will be good buddies. Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment