I'd like to start off by explaining my blog title. It is not intended to sound vain or narcissistic. As this blog is actually a graded assignment for class, I managed to procrastinate naming it for absolutely as long as possible (as I have been known to do) as I was unable to come up with anything clever enough to commit it to eternity on the internet. I waited and waited for some divine inspiration to come to me. It wasn't until reaching Paris and walking the streets in Rome that it came to my attention that my hair color is rather shocking in a sea of glossy-haired brunettes. In fact, back home in Portland, Oregon my blondness is rarely commented upon and is often overshadowed by other more shocking shades of blue, purple or even a leopard print mohawk.
I remained unaware of my obviousness for short while until I began to notice that others were noticing. I was like a walking bulls eye. And thus, I have named my blog after this sensation of having the obvious-colored head in Southern Europe.
This blog is a daily account of my time in Rome for a study abroad program at Portland State University. Yet, it is also a chronicle of my journeys in France and other parts of Italy. I will be in Europe for nearly a month and hope my friends, family, professors and peers will enjoy reading about the trials and tribulations I encounter on one of my first European adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment